This version is not standalone, you need to install the NTW3 version 7.5 before.
All details here: https://www.thelordz.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=138&t=16524
This patch is mostly about correcting mistakes and rebalancing gameplay from the previous version.
- Minor adjustments have been made to some of the starting armies for more balanced game-play.
- Campaign db tables have been thoroughly checked and tested to remove small errors that affect game play and cause random ctd's.
- The uniform files have been condensed for the SPC mod from the large MP battle mod files and should result in fewer battle crashes.
- There are a few small uniform issues that we'll be working to correct, they're listed here: http://www.mediafire.com/file/y8693fptj5tolmh/v76_SPC_known_uniform_issues.rar
- ...note any new ones here on this thread:
Multiplayer gameplay changes (compared to 7.5)
- All units cost about 10% less (if stats remain the same)
- Musket fire: more effective at middle/long range, especially for skilled units
- Artillery: barrage lasts five minutes
- Artillery canister: reload slightly faster, more deadly
- Howitzers: less expensive
- Cavalry: less prone to trample infantry, especially when in square formation
- Cavalry: increased speed difference between heavy / medium and light cavalry
- Heavy cavalry : lower defense
- Lancers: less effective
France 1799's and the Peninsular Coalition's infantry and cavalry rosters have been completely redone.
France 1811's and Russia 1812's cavalry rosters have been redone.
Spain 1812's infantry and cavalry rosters have been significantly improved.
Spain 1808 and Ottomans' rosters have several new units.
A few more factions have one or two new units.
Artillery icons have been redesigned to be more easily recognizable in battle.
Russia 1807's units descriptions are all available (many thanks to MighyOwl)
Download and installation
- This version is not standalone! First, install NTW3 version 7.5 (https://www.thelordz.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=138&t=16524)
- Download patch 7.6: http://www.moddb.com/downloads/ntw3-7-6-setup
- Launch the installer and select your own NTW root directory (by default "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Napoleon Total War")
- Launch the "NTW3 v7.6" shortcut on your desktop, or Napoleonic Total War III.exe in /data/NTW3/Launcher7.6 folder.
Be advised that your anti-virus software may want to quarantine the ntw3.exe file because its new (with little history), exclude this file from future scans so it's not removed when your anti-virus does a file scan.